National Community Ed. Day is celebrated in Minnesota and nationwide on the second Thursday of November each year.
Below are some ways in which you can celebrate/recognize National Community Ed. Day in your district. If you have a unique way you celebrate community ed. in your district, please let us know.
- Send thank-you notes signed by your Director/Manager/Coordinator to instructors and community partners (via social media);
- Send a link to your website where folks can share their story about an class experience with your C.E. program;
- Offer a 10% – 15% discount on registrations that are taken that day;
- Provide treats in the staff lounge that day as a way of saying “thank you” to district staff for their support throughout the year;
- Host an open house during the day with your Community Ed. Advisory Council (noon lunch) with coffee, cookies and conversation, invite and/or report to the the School Board and City Council members;
- Offer a free pickleball class or free exercise class for that day;
- Offer prizes on your Com. Ed. Facebook page such as –
Show & Tell in honor of National Community Ed. Day – Win a $25 gift certificate to Com. Ed. by doing the following:
1. Like our page
2. Share this post
3. Name or post a photo of your favorite Com. Ed. Experience
- Use the day to educate your community (and your district staff) about all we do and thank your customers and staff for their participation and support. Check out the creative theme below that North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale did last year: